UF Training & Organizational Development
UF Training and Organizational Development’s strategic purpose is to help improve the performance of UF faculty and staff.
By providing ongoing personal and professional development opportunities, our overall goal is to help increase UF employees’ effectiveness—and their ability to contribute. Along with workshops on a variety of topics, such as supervisory skills, leadership, communication, and teamwork, this includes a formal education program that provides funding for college-level courses for participating UF employees.
To learn more about how our training opportunities may best meet your needs, please see our training programs framework.
Beyond our standard programs, we also offer organizational development services based on performance management principles. Contact us for retreat planning and facilitation, customer service assessments, performance needs assessments, retreat planning and facilitation, team development services, department training visits—tailored for specific environments and related to identified competencies—and meeting facilitation.
Training participants are asked to give two weeks’ notice (10 business days) in the event a reasonable accommodation is required to participate in or complete one of our instructor-led or online training sessions. To request an accommodation, please contact Training and Organizational Development at email@example.com. Please arrive on time to attend our workshops to ensure access to the class and to protect your registration. For staff, supervisory approval is expected in order to attend any of our workshops.
We’re sorry, but participants arriving 20 minutes or later after the scheduled start time cannot be admitted into the class. If your schedule prevents you from arriving before the cut-off time, please contact our office and we’ll be happy to reschedule you for the next available session.
Our Training Partners
We work with more than 100 subject matter experts to produce our online courses. Among those with whom we collaborate are:
- Academic Personnel
- Animal Care Services
- Budget Office
- Central Leave
- CFO-VP Office
- Cost Analysis & Construction Accoutning
- Enterprise Systems
- FA-Payroll and Tax Services Admin
- Finance & Accouting
- General Accounting
- Human Resource Services
- ID Card Services & Information Technology
- Payroll & Tax Services
- Recruitment & Staffing
- Security & Compliance
- SFA Administration
- Transporation & Parking Services
- Treasury Management
- UF Computing Help Desk
- University of Florida Police Department
- Animal Care Services
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Conflict of Interest Program
- Department of Animal Sciences
- Division of Sponsored Research
- Environmental Health & Safety
- Institutional Review Board
- Office of Information Security and Compliance
- Office of Information Technology
- Office of Physician Billing Compliance
- Office of the Provost
- Office of Youth Conference Services
- Research Administration & Compliance
- University Privacy Office