Connected by UF (CxUF) Conference Call for Proposals
The Program Committee for Connected by UF (CxUF), a bi-annual University of Florida (UF) conference, is pleased to announce the Call for Proposals for the inaugural virtual 2021 event.
This is an opportunity to grow your skill set and give back for the good of the University. Connected by UF (CxUF) is designed for multiple communities to connect, learn and share in real time. UF leaders, both faculty and staff, and business & research administrators are invited to submit proposals for the virtual conference in May 2021. Proposal Deadline for Submission: January 18th, 2021 at 11:55pm
This 2-day conference will provide highly impactful professional development for UF leaders and financial, human resources, research, and academic professionals. GBAS (Gator Business Administrator Services), MainSpring (UF Research), and UFLN (UF Leadership Network) will come together to share successful and innovative business and leadership strategies and explore ways to work more effectively or efficiently. We invite you to join your peers for this unique experience, At UF, For UF, By UF. The theme for the first conference is Keeping It Real, including topics such as:
- The current reality at UF
- Ideas and solutions about ways to manage and refine processes
- The challenges you are solving
- Real data and outcomes
- Insights or practices to improve leadership skills
Like the UF athletics program, UF’s campus administration can be exhilarating when everyone is running in the same direction and working together. As all good coaches can attest, one person playing out of position can ruin the game. The same is true for campus administration; it takes just one formatting error to get a proposal rejected, one misstep to deflate a team’s morale, or one questionable transaction to spark an audit. UF’s campus administration is full of real-world examples of teamwork, collaboration, execution, and leadership, all working toward the same goal.
Have a great idea for a session, discussion group, or workshop? Do you have a strategy, process, or skills that you have been perfecting? Do you have an area of expertise that you would be willing to share? Looking to grow your presentation skills? Being a presenter is a great UF Engaged Goal!
Proposals can be submitted for sessions with any of the following formats:
- Poster Presentation (15 minutes): Using artistic/graphical representation, design an informal poster to share your work and ideas related to the conference theme. Posters will be displayed virtually in an open area and presenters will be expected to provide a short elevator speech for the people who join their session at various times.
- Workshop Session (60 minutes): Presenters share topics of interest related to the conference themes. The presenters can share process improvements, lessons learned, or evidence of impact, while actively engaging attendees throughout the session. Attendees participate in group discussion with defined learning outcomes.
- Case Study (60 minutes): Presenters share their experience with a real-life business issue describing the strategy, planning, development, solution delivery, and outcomes. Attendees participate in group discussion with defined learning outcomes.
- Foundation (90 minutes): Workshop style session designed for beginners or those who want to learn the “foundation basics” of a specific discipline, process, or tool. Sessions are highly interactive, and attendees participate in hands on application of learning with defined outcomes.
- Advanced Deep Dive (90 minutes): Workshop style session designed for attendees with intermediate to advanced experience and knowledge of topic area. Sessions are facilitated by a senior thought leader and are highly interactive with defined outcomes
The Program Committee for the 2021 Connected by UF (CxUF) Conference invites you to submit a proposal for consideration to share your ideas and work, no matter your level of experience. Pre-conference coaching and mentoring sessions will be available in the spring for all conference presenters to practice and refine their presentation.
Questions about ways to write a compelling proposal? Join one of the following Proposal Preparation Guidance sessions for assistance.
Proposal Preparation Guidance Sessions
Tuesday, January 12th, 2021 from 4 to 5pm
Friday, January 15th, 2021 from 4 to 5pm
Ready to Apply?
Deadline for Submission: January 18th, 2021 at 11:55pm
All applicants will be notified of their selection status by the end of January.
Stay tuned for more information as we roll out registration, conference website, and the program in the coming months!
Questions? Reach out to one of the Conference Chairs
- Gwynn Cadwallader, Conference Committee Chair, GBAS Training Manager
- Ronda Mitchell, Conference Committee Co-Chair, UF Research Training Manager
- Irma Alvarez, Conference Committee Co-Chair, UFLN Manager
- Barb Mitola, Conference Committee Co-Chair, GBAS Director
- Jodi Gentry, Vice President Human Resources
- Alan West, Assistant Vice President, University Controller
- Tiffany Schmidt, Assistant Vice President, UF Research
- Stephanie Gray, Assistant Vice President, UF Research