Checklist for Students Attending Santa Fe
Please ensure you have reviewed and/or completed these items:
Course Selection at Santa Fe College
This program does not permit enrollment in thesis, dissertation, internships, directed individual study, individual performance courses, non-credit courses, sponsored-credit courses, off-book programs, correspondence courses, and some distance education course offerings.
For students attending community or state colleges, the courses must be for credit and must still meet the criteria listed above. Only TEAMS employees are eligible to attend Santa Fe College or other community/state colleges, closest to their work location.
EEP courses listed on the application must match the class number, prefix, section number, etc. of the EEP course(s) you register for. If you need to change course information after application submission, a new application must be submitted and receive final director approval before 4PM on the established EEP Application Director Approval Deadline.
Participants may include alternate courses on the EEP application. The Employee Education Program will cover up to six credit hours per semester (based on your registration) from this list of your primary and alternate EEP courses.
Students enrolling at SFC should register during the regular registration period. For the 2019-20 academic year, the following application deadlines are established:
|Term||EEP Application Director Approval Deadline|
|Fall 2019||4 p.m. on July 25, 2019|
|Spring 2020||4 p.m. on December 6, 2019|
|Summer A/D 2020||4 p.m. on April 24, 2020|
|Summer B 2020||4 p.m. on June 17, 2020|
NOTE: Late registration, late director approvals, or failure to pay student responsibility portion of fees before the Santa Fe College fee deadline could result in dropped courses/denial due to non-payment.
After submitting your application, verify receipt of confirmation emails. Based on the participant’s supervisory reporting structure, participants will receive confirmation emails for their manager’s approval, “Your EEP Application Manager Approved” and director’s approval, “Your EEP Application Director Approved” from OnBasefirstname.lastname@example.org. The director approval confirmation email verifies the Santa Fe College Cashier has received your EEP funding request. If you do not receive a confirmation after your manager/director approves your application, you must contact email@example.com for assistance.
Late Registration at Santa Fe College
NOTE: In all semesters, if you register or change courses at any time after the original due date up until the drop/add deadline, the EEP application must be director approved by 4:00 p.m. on the next business day after registering for classes. It is important to check your esantafe account and with the Santa Fe College Cashier (after receiving the director approval confirmation email) to verify your fee deadline, student fee responsibility, and that EEP funds have been applied.
Late registration, late director approvals, or failure to pay student responsibility portion of fees before the Santa Fe College fee deadline could result in dropped courses/denial due to non-payment.
For students attending Santa Fe College, the University of Florida will be responsible for payment of matriculation, building, capital improvement, student financial aid fees (in-state portion only), student activities and technology fees (in-state portion only). To view the fee structure at SFC, click here.
For students attending Santa Fe College, the employee is responsible for any additional fees not named above including:
- Applications fees, online education fees, out-of-state tuition and fees, photo I.D. fees, late registration fees, late payment fees, material and supply fees, repeat course surcharge fee, and any other fees not covered by this program as listed in the above paragraph.
- The costs associated with non-credit courses and program offerings otherwise required as an extension of regular employee training are not covered under this program.
- The university’s fee petition and fee refund policies and procedures are not applicable to courses taken through this program. Therefore, there is no petition process for a refund of any fees paid.
- After receipt of the director approval confirmation email, an electronic funding approval is sent to the Santa Fe College Cashier for up to six credit hours of the registered courses listed on the EEP application.
- Check your esantafe finance page within 24 hours (not including holidays and weekends) of receiving the director approval confirmation email.
- Verify EEP funds have been applied to your account.
- Pay your student responsibility portion of fees before the Santa Fe fee deadline.
Grade submission is a continued eligibility requirement. Using the contact information provided on your application, you will be notified by our office with instructions to submit your grade(s) performance at the conclusion of each semester in which EEP funding has been requested. Please see Employee Education Program Policy, Participant Responsibilities section for more information about grade performance requirements.
Courses may be subject to taxes as defined by the Internal Revenue Service. The portion of employer-provided tuition assistance that is in excess of $5,250 per year will be taxed as part of an employee’s personal income. This tax assessment is usually entered on the “third paycheck of the month” during the fall. Remember, the third paycheck of the month has only limited deductions. Applicable taxes (e.g. Social Security, Medicare, Federal Withholding Tax) are calculated and deducted for the tuition in excess of $5,250 and reduce the employee’s net paycheck for that pay period. Employees are responsible for any individual tax liability that may result from participation in this tuition program and should refer any tax questions to their personal tax advisor.
Employee Education Program Coordinator
(352) 392-4626, firstname.lastname@example.org
UF Registrar Office
(352) 392-9545, www.fa.ufl.edu/bursar
UF Admissions Office
(352) 392-1365, www.admissions.ufl.edu
Santa Fe College
(352) 395-5000, www.sfcollege.edu