- Asset Management
- Budget & Commitment Control
- Budget Checking
- Distance Learning
- Human Subject Payments
- Hyperion Budgeting
- Journal Entry
- Managerial Budgets
- myUF Marketplace
- Paying Suppliers (for DSOs)
- Requesting UF Budgets for Support Units
- Travel and Expense
- Academic Advising
- College and Department Scholarships
- Course Catalog (Campus Solutions)
- Course Fees
- Course & Room Scheduling
- Course Transfer Evaluation (Undergraduate)
- Degree Certification
- Graduate School
- Non-Degree Approval
- Service Indicators
- Student Financials
- Student Groups
- Student Program/Plan
- Student Services Center
- Undergraduate Catalog Publication
Asset Management Services
Refer to this toolkit when purchasing and researching assets in the myUFL system. Purchasing equipment, software, books and furniture for UF Departments requires additional information entry into myUFL because many of these items qualify as assets owned by the University. Assets become decaled and asset tracking at UF is done using hand-held scanners that read bar codes from UF Property decals.
Department Accountable Officers may use the simulations in this module to research assets in myUFL to verify information in their department’s inventory.
You may notice the navigation in myUFL is different than what is shown in these training resources. Rest assured, these changes are primarily look and feel differences. All policies and procedures discussed in these materials are accurate and up to date. Training materials will be updated to reflect the new look and menu of myUFL.
Inventory App PDF
Applying Decals to Capital Assets and Attractive Property PDF
Submit a Help Request PDF
To register for online courses in myTraining, navigate to mytraining.hr.ufl.edu. From the myTraining Dashboard, you can search for courses using the Activity Search field in the upper left hand corner. Just type the course name, course ID or a keyword and then click Search.
After you’ve registered for training, your current enrollments display in the Training list found on the Dashboard page. To begin an online course, click the green Start button.
You can also access myTraining from myUFL using the following navigation:
Main Menu > My Self Service > Training and Development > myTraining
PST501: Property 101
This course is designed to provide all UF employees with basic knowledge of how to identify and responsibly manage capital assets and attractive property at the University of Florida. After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the differences between assets and property
- Identify the different decals UF uses to identify and track department assets and attractive items
- Summarize the responsibilities different individuals/groups have for managing and tracking property
- Explain the importance of identifying and tracking property
- Outline procedures for managing and tracking property
- Determine what surplus property is, locate and use the UF Surplus Warehouse, and describe how users are authorized
- List some resources they can access for assistance with property management
In this course, participants will complete an overview of the myAssets property system upgrade as of July 2013, designed for departmental property contacts to control their department inventory. The course shows how to obtain a listing of department assets and submit property status change requests to Asset Management, including updating property, completing inventory, creating reports of survey, and requesting surplus equipment pickup. The course also discusses inventory policy and explains workflow of requests to department approvers and Asset Management for final approval and processing in myUFL. If you have already taken PST501 my Assets before the upgrade, register for PST502 and take the Fast Track to learn about the new features in the upgrade. Select the session, “0009-Online” when registering.
Completing “PST501 Property 101” is required prior to attending this course.
Lists and descriptions of all UF security roles may be found on the Identity & Access Management website.
- To shop for an asset(s) in myUF Market, if you are permanent staff or faculty you automatically have the role UF_N_MKT_Shopper and may shop in myUF Market; for non-permanent staff or faculty, obtain the role UF_N_MKT_Shopper_Req
- To create a requisition for purchase, obtain the role UF_N_MKT_Requestor to place orders in myUF Market
- To receive a purchased item, obtain the role UF_PO_RECEIVER to receive items in myUF
- For performing reviewer functions for assets in myUF Payment Solutions, obtain the UF_AP_Reviewer role
- For performing approver functions for assets in myUF Payment Solutions, obtain the UF_AP_Approver role
- To view Asset Management Images – listed on the user’s Administrative Menu – obtain the role UF_N_AM_IMAGING_VIEW
- To process vouchers, obtain the role UF_AP_VOUCHER_PROCESSOR (DSOs only)
- To see the Basic Add screen, obtain the role UF_FI_UNIVERSAL_INQUIRY
- UF Directives and Procedures for Asset Management
- For information on the ECCN (Export Control Classification Number) used in purchasing an asset that will leave the country or be used outside of the US, such as a laptop computer, and policy, please visit the Division of Sponsored Research’s web site.
UF Asset Management website
Phone (352) 392-2556
Fax (352) 392-4587
Address: 116 Elmore Hall