Budget & Commitment Control
- Undergraduate Minors
- Undergraduate Catalog Publication
- Student Services Center
- Student Program/Plan
- Student Groups
- Student Financials
- SIDA (Student Initiated Drop/Add)
- Service Indicators
- Non-Degree Approval
- Graduate School
- Degree Certification
- Course Transfer Evaluation (Undergraduate)
- Course & Room Scheduling
- Course Fees
- Course Catalog (Campus Solutions)
- College and Department Scholarships
- Academic Advising
- UF Budget Planner
- Travel and Expense
- Research Participant Payments
- Paying Suppliers (for DSOs)
- myUF Marketplace
- Managerial Budgets
- Journal Entry
- Distance Learning
- Budget Checking
- Budget & Commitment Control
- Asset Management
Commitment Control is an accounting methodology that identifies and reserves (or commits) funds for future payment obligations. This toolkit will help you access your available balances and complete budget inquiries, budget checking and budget transfers.
University Budget Office
You may notice the navigation in myUFL is different than what is shown in these training resources. Rest assured, these changes are primarily look and feel differences. All policies and procedures discussed in these materials are accurate and up to date. Training materials will be updated to reflect the new look and menu of myUFL.
Budget and KK
Where Are My Available Balances? PDF
Saved Searches with Budgets Overview PDF
To register for online courses in myTraining, navigate to mytraining.hr.ufl.edu. From the myTraining Dashboard, you can search for courses using the Activity Search field in the upper left hand corner. Just type the course name, course ID or a keyword and then click Search.
After you’ve registered for training, your current enrollments display in the Training list found on the Dashboard page. To begin an online course, click the green Start button.
You can also access myTraining from myUFL using the following navigation:
Main Menu > My Self Service > Training and Development > myTraining
Use the web simulations and/or instruction guides listed above to learn the fundamental tasks available in Commitment Control.
To learn more about these topics, attend the PST950 Budget & Commitment Cntrl in 9.1 or PST952 Budget Transfer Processing myUFL training courses.
Attend the PST950 Budget & Commitment Cntrl 9.1 myUFL training course to learn about UF’s approach to budgeting in myUFL. Commitment Control is an accounting methodology that identifies and reserves (or “commits) funds for future payment obligations. In this hands-on session, you’ll learn about Commitment Control as well as:
- “Available Spending Authority”
- Ledger groups used in Commitment Control
- Budget Inquiry
- Budget Exceptions
- Budget Transfers
Attend the PST952 Budget Transfer Processing workshop to learn how to transfer budget monies using either budget transfer or upload budget transfer processes.
Lists and descriptions of all UF security roles may be found on the Identity & Access Management website.
- Security role UF_FI_UNIVERSAL_INQUIRY allows you to view financial information and perform certain Budget and KK functions.
- Security role UF_KK_BDGT_TRANSFER_PROCESSOR allows you to transfer budgets within the Commitment Control module. This role is designated for budget officers in the deans and vice presidential areas. If you are in a department, please verify with your dean’s office prior to requesting this role.
- You must request each role independently from your DSA. The PST950 Budget & Commitment Cntrl in 9.1 and PST952 Budget Transfer Processing courses are required for those requesting the UF_KK_BDGT_TRANSFER_PROCESSOR role. For those requesting the UF_FI_UNIVERSAL_INQUIRY role, only PST950 Budget & Commitment Cntrl in 9.1 is highly recommended.
- Finance and Accounting Directives and Procedures
- RCM Nuts and Bolts
- For system status information, please review the Alert Notices web page.
- University Budget Office 392-2402
- For Technical Issues, contact the UF Help Desk: