- Asset Management
- Budget & Commitment Control
- Budget Checking
- Distance Learning
- Human Subject Payments
- Hyperion Budgeting
- Journal Entry
- Managerial Budgets
- myUF Marketplace
- Paying Suppliers (for DSOs)
- Requesting UF Budgets for Support Units
- Travel and Expense
- Academic Advising
- College and Department Scholarships
- Course Catalog (Campus Solutions)
- Course Fees
- Course & Room Scheduling
- Course Transfer Evaluation (Undergraduate)
- Degree Certification
- Graduate School
- Non-Degree Approval
- Service Indicators
- Student Financials
- Student Groups
- Student Program/Plan
- Student Services Center
- Undergraduate Catalog Publication
First Advantage is a system that provides hiring departments the ability to initiate background screenings on all new UF hires. In addition, hiring departments are able to monitor the progress and view the results for requested screenings. Background screenings include criminal background check, education verification, and employment verification.
Both FBI and 435 Livescan checks must be conducted through UF Human Resources, not through First Advantage. For more details on livescan checks, please visit the Preparing An Offer section of the UF Hiring Center website.
Below is an overview of the process for completing a background screening through First Advantage. Additional information and best tips are listed under the “Important Notes” section. To determine the appropriate package for screening your candidate, please scroll to the “Packages” section. For step-by-step instructions on initiating a package in First Advantage, please go to the “Resources” section.
Hiring department reviews the result for education and employment verification.
Including the orderID# from First Advantage will help expedite the ePAF approval process.
The Following packages are designed to conduct background screenings for the type of hires described below.
|Package Name||Hire Type/Scenario|
|Basic+Edu+Empl Verf||This package is specifically for Salary/Regular faculty, TEAMS, Adjunct, and PostDoc who are new or returning to UF. This type of check includes criminal screening within U.S., verifying highest level of education (including high school diploma), and validating employment history.|
|Basic+Edu+Empl Verf – Int’l||This package is specifically for Salary/Regular faculty, TEAMS, Adjunct, or PostDoc hires who have not lived within the U.S. for the last three years. This type of check includes searching for criminal records in both U.S. and appropriate countries, verifying highest level of education (including high school diploma), validating employment history, and checking against global sanction lists, including U.S. terrorist list.|
|Basic||This package is specifically for OPS staff, student, and graduate assistant hires new to UF. This package only searches for criminal records within the U.S.
(Optional) This package can be used to conduct criminal background check on UF employees transferring from one department to another on the same salary plan (i.e. TEAMS to TEAMS).
|Basic – Int’l||This packet is specifically for OPS staff, student, or graduate assistant hires who have not lived within the U.S. for the last three years. This package will search for criminal records within U.S. and appropriate countries.|
|Edu+Exp Verf||This package is only for Salary/Regular faculty, TEAMS, Adjunct, and PostDoc hires who are new or returning to UF and will go through FBI/435 Livescan check. First Advantage will not be conducting FBI or 435 livescan. Hiring departments will still need to conduct these types of checks through UFHR.
This package is also used for OPS staff, students, and graduate assistants hired into Salary/Regular faculty, TEAMS, Adjuncts, and PostDoc position.
- When initiating a request through First Advantage, the package must be initiated through the “Direct Advantage” option, not the “Employment Screening” option. Using the “Employment Screening” option will result in a delay in processing the request.
- As a best practice, hiring departments should inform their candidates about the email from First Advantage and submitting th eir information along with the electronic consent form within six days. A package will expire if it is not completed and submitted by the candidate within six days.
- Hiring departments must contact Talent Acquisition and Onboarding with UFHR before rescinding an offer due to any results received from First Advantage.
- No “additional search type” items shall be requested unless it has been approved by Talent Acquisition and Onboarding with UF Human Resources.
- When a package returns with the status of “decisional”, the Criminal Background Check team with UFHR will only review the report for the criminal background screening. If education and experience verification was requested, then the hiring department will need to review the report for the education and experience verification to ensure the data provided by the candidate is accurate and the candidate meets the education and experience requirements for the position.
- A package that returns with the status of “eligible” indicates that the criminal background check portion of the package is clear. If education and experience verification was requested, then the hiring department will need to review the report for the education and experience verification to ensure the data provided by the candidate is accurate and the candidate meets the education and experience requirements for the position.
- First Advantage Roadmap
- Background Screening Using First Advantage Simulation | PDF
- Editing Subject Details Simulation | PDF
In order to initiate a background screening in First Advantage, the requestor must have one of the following roles:
- UF_EPAF_Level 1 Approver