Online Promotion & Tenure
- Asset Management
- Budget & Commitment Control
- Budget Checking
- Deposits Legacy Method
- Distance Learning
- Journal Entry
- Managerial Budgets
- myUF Marketplace
- Paying Suppliers (for DSOs)
- Research Participant Payments
- Travel and Expense
- UF Budget Planner
- Academic Advising
- College and Department Scholarships
- Course Catalog (Campus Solutions)
- Course Fees
- Course & Room Scheduling
- Course Transfer Evaluation (Undergraduate)
- Degree Certification
- Graduate School
- Non-Degree Approval
- Service Indicators
- SIDA (Student Initiated Drop/Add)
- Student Financials
- Student Groups
- Student Program/Plan
- Student Services Center
- Undergraduate Catalog Publication
- Undergraduate Minors
The Office of the Provost has a workflow and an online system for its annual promotion and tenure process. Find a pdf of frequently asked questions by visiting the link below.
Additional questions? If you have questions regarding the OPT system that are not addressed in one of the resources listed below, please visit the Office of the Provost website or contact either Chris Hass, Associate Provost for Academic and Faculty Affairs, at (352) 392-4792, or University OPT Administrator, at email@example.com.
To register for online courses in myTraining, navigate to mytraining.hr.ufl.edu. From the myTraining Dashboard, you can search for courses using the Activity Search field in the upper left hand corner. Just type the course name, course ID or a keyword and then click Search.
After you’ve registered for training, your current enrollments display in the Training list found on the Dashboard page. To begin an online course, click the green Start button.
You can also access myTraining from myUFL using the following navigation:
Main Menu > My Self Service > Training and Development > myTraining
PST710: OPT for Department Administrators and Designees
PST715: OPT for College Administrators and Designees
These online courses are required for OPT Access depending on your role. They will cover the steps and levels involved in creating, submitting, and transporting a promotion & tenure packet through the Online Promotion & Tenure (OPT) system for college OPT administrators/designees.
PRO324 Supporting Tenure and Promotion Activities in your Department
This workshop is designed to increase administrative staff members’ understanding of the tenure/permanent status and promotion processes for faculty so that they may support those efforts more effectively. Workshop objectives include:
- Define tenure, permanent status, and promotion for both tenured and non-tenure accruing faculty
- Discuss timing of the Tenure and Promotion (T&P) process, including probationary periods, “Tenure When Ready,” and “Stopping the Tenure Clock”
- Review the T&P process, including T&P packet composition
- Identify the role of administrative staff in assisting faculty throughout the T&P process
Lists and descriptions of all UF security roles may be found on the Identity & Access Management website.